Plano, Texas: The only licensed free-standing birth center in Plano celebrates its grand opening with the birth of a healthy baby boy on Tuesday September 5th, 2017. At seven pounds and half an ounce and 20” long, baby Christopher came into this world at 10:10 pm in softly-lit spa-like environment surrounded by family, her doula, and two certified nurse-midwives. Mother and father, Cassandra and Jason Cardwell, are thrilled with the birth of their son.
Jeannine Tate, owner and Primary Midwife, explains her mission in opening Plano Birthplace: “Working as a nurse both in hospital L&D units, and a freestanding birth center for 10 years before becoming a midwife, I witnessed first-hand, the positive outcomes that occur when midwives were the providers. Midwives provided safe, best evidenced based care of women and their babies, while simultaneously insuring women birthed with dignity & respect with minimal medical interventions. Birth was honored and women were empowered and pleased with their birth experience. I wanted my birth center to bring that kind of experience to the women in this community.”
Plano Birthplace officially opened its doors on June 2, 2017 and has quickly booked through February 2018. “Midwife-led birth centers deliver high-quality, client-centered care with improved outcomes at lower cost than hospitals. [We offer] a holistic approach where the mom is the leader and the center of her own care. At Plano Birthplace, our midwives provide a supportive environment that facilitates the woman’s growth, empowerment, and autonomy. And that’s my vision,” Tate said. She does encourage that women with high-risk pregnancies seek care in a hospital setting as a safety precaution. Tate, who obtained her midwifery education at Frontier Nursing University, the oldest and largest continually operating nurse-midwifery education program in the United States, holds MSN, RN and CNM designations.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing Plano Birthplace:
- Individualized Care: Plano Birthplace keeps a low volume of clients at a time to ensure each woman is cared for as an individual by her primary certified nurse-midwife.
- Supportive Care: Plano Birthplace’s Midwifery led care focuses on supportive relationships and continuity of care that has been proven to significantly improve birth outcomes and maternal satisfaction. Plano Birthplace provides family centered care for healthy women before, during, and after normal pregnancy, labor, and birth.
- One-on-One Attention: Most appointments are 30-45 minutes, face-to-face with primary midwife. Women that chose Plano Birthplace to birth are supported and nurtured in one of the most important and vulnerable times of their lives by a primary midwife.
- Functional Holistic Approach: A normal pregnancy is not viewed as an illness, but as a natural physiologic process at Plano Birthplace. Both mother and baby’s health is prioritized, with a focus on the mother’s emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being.
- Licensed Free-Standing Facility: Plano Birthplace is a home-like facility with a Certified Nurse Midwife as the primary care provider, working collaboratively with physicians, hospitals in a team approach to maternity care. While not associated with a hospital, Plano Birthplace is located 2.5 miles from the hospital if a true emergency were to occur.
- Safe space: Each private birthing suite provides the comforts of home, where women are supported, respected and kept safe.
About The Company: Plano Birthplace is the only birth center in Plano, Texas, and serves families from across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Plano Birthplace creates a safe space that fosters a natural, undisturbed birth process using a midwifery care model centered on supportive relationships, continuity of care, and providing the best evidence-based care possible. Their goal is to achieve optimal health outcomes with collaboration and shared decision-making, and to provide midwifery care that is compassionate, safe and evidence-based.
In the news here: